Thursday, September 01, 2011

24 Happenings on my 24th Birthday

Today is so special, it is my 24th birth anniversary (parang kay Dr. Jose Rizal lang!)

First time kong magse-celebrate ng birthday ko na may pasok. Before kasi laging advanced birthday celebration together with my students and my co-teachers. At paminsan-minsan, natatapat pa sa Linggo ng Wika celebration ng aming institution. But, things have changed, and it is okay. I celebrated it with my dear students and my new colleagues. Despite of it, ang dami pa ring bumati sa akin coming from the different departments, and sobra akong natuwa talaga! Honestly, I was expecting a surprise but nothing happened. Nevertheless, why should you expect a nice surprise from a special someone, if having a new age being added to your life is indeed, surprising! With or without surprise, I may say that this day is very special to me!

Let me share the twenty four things that happened today, which is my birthday!

ONE - I woke up early for no reason at all. Sadyang nagising lang ako not because I am excited to go to work, but according to my body clock. I opened my computer to do four kinds of quizzes for my kids, both in English and in Filipino.

TWO - I already reached the institution I've been working. May nakasabay akong co-teacher but she hasn't known any information that today is my birthday. She was really clueless, but it's okay. Ang kapal ko naman kung ibo-broadcast ko sa kanya na, "uy, birthday ko, greet mo ako!"

THREE - I was really moved with the gestures of my co-teachers sa aming group (Intermediate/High School). They wrote "Happy Birthday Sir Zieg" on my whiteboard and my students hid themselves at the back. Siyempre, nag-astang nagulat ako, but truly I was really touched! I hugged my kids tight and they greeted me, "Happy Birthday!"

FOUR - We had our flag ceremony upstairs. At first, we did the morning prayer, followed by the singing of the National Anthem, and the Ann Arbor hymn, followed by the song "Lord, I Offer My Life!" and calisthenics. After that, again they did a wonderful gesture of singing "Happy Birthday" just for me! Sobrang sweet talaga ng aking mga anak!

FIVE - I stayed with my kids! Para kaming family, ako ang parent, sila ang aking mga anak! We had so much fun talking and talking, though some of them were fighting in petty form. I told them that we'll stay at the library and we'll have our classes there.

SIX - Pagkapasok ko sa library, binati ako ng aking pinakamamahal na kapatid/kaibigan na itago na lang natin sa pangalang Justin Bieber. The normal things he does to me, pinapalo-palo, sinasaktan, tapos tinulak pa ako sa computer kaya may nasirang isang unit (all of these things are only joke!). Afterwards, his students also greeted me "Happy Birthday!" with smile and hugs.

SEVEN - While I was checking the seatworks of my kids, tiyempong pumunta mismo sa aming building ang aking mga dating anak! Sobrang nakakatuwa because they did not forget me! Super touching!!! Since ayaw kong magbanggit ng name, itago na lang natin sila sa mga pangalang Pia Dapito, Hannah Joya, Chelsea Triana, Alanisse Sabugo at Andrea Tolon!

EIGHT - I checked my Facebook account, and almost a hundred na ang bumati sa akin!!! Well, thank you so much!!! I was thinking of saying thank you to each and everyone who greeted me!

NINE - I also checked my Twitter account, hoping for a greeting from my love, Anne Curtis. As usual, of course, and what could I expect, nothing! Period!

TEN - I went to the canteen to have a late recess! I saw my dear friend na itago na lang natin sa pangalang Miss Australia! Siyempre, binati ako ng bonggang bongga! Since, they have a stall at our canteen, nakakatuwa because her mom gave me my favorite, tuna pesto!!! Wala nga lang tinapay! Thank you po!!!

ELEVEN - My kids from the Third Group also greeted me! Super sweet!

TWELVE - I went to the canteen to have my lunch and of course, a bunch of kids greeted me! Sobrang sweet talaga nila!!! Isang bata, itago na lang natin sa pangalang Ilog, as usual binati ako! And also with the same people who greeted me. And marami pa; they were my former kids! Gosh, how much I miss them!!!

THIRTEEN - We had our faculty meeting and laking tuwa ko because the whole teachers greeted me and sang me the "Happy Birthday" song! Sobrang nakakatuwa! My dire wish, "mahuli na si Hoo Lee Kha!!!"

FOURTEEN - While we're having our meeting, we had our snacks and they thought na galing sa akin ang pan de coco at juice! Hehehe, how I wish!!! Well, salamat na rin for the compliment!!!

FIFTEEN - I went to my tutorial and the father of my kid, literally pulled him just to greet me Happy Birthday. How sweet!!!

SIXTEEN - My tutee, Matthew, also greeted me on my birthday!!!

SEVENTEEN - I went to the faculty lounge of my former friends just to have some chit-chats. Nakita ako ng aking kaibigan and of course, kumanta siya ng bonggang-bonggang "Happy Birthday" na sinabayan pa ng isa! Sobrang tuwa ko! I know that today is really my special day. Afterwards, we talked about the plans for the Foundation Week.

EIGHTEEN - We went out already, talked about this mysterious person on Facebook. And went straight to SM Southmall with my best buddy, just to do some canvassing!

NINETEEN - We ate a light snack at McDonald's munching our favorite Crispy Chicken Sandwich. Kung puwede lang umulit pero hindi. Bawal sa akin ang manok! But still, I'm eating it! Makulit rin ako, right?

TWENTY - Nag-try akong tumaya sa lotto. Yesterday, I wasn't able to win because my numbers did not match correctly. Now, I'm trying my luck to win millions of peso, not only for myself, but for my whole family!

TWENTY ONE - My best buddy and I went on separate ways. I need to go to SM Muntinlupa early to buy my handa. Since medyo low budget ngayon, I only bought a cake roll from Goldilocks, Selecta Hersheys ice cream, Andoks roasted chicken and my Dad's specialty, pancit canton, na parang yung mga pancit sa 168 sa Divisoria, sa sobrang sarap!!!

TWENTY TWO - I texted all my friends who greeted me today!!! Super happy for what they did to me! They made me felt so special!!!

TWENTY THREE - I non-stop thanked all of my Facebook friends who greeted me today! No words can describe my friendship to them! It's not about how many people greeted you, but the thought of remembering the most important day of the year, my birthday, and;

TWENTY FOUR - I ended my birthday with a prayer of gratitude and thanks, through the Rosary!

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln.

I know that a 24-year-old guy or girl is already a marrying type, or if not, whatsoever, it's just a mere kind of number. What is important is how you grow from the inside, by means of being a matured one and an intellectual one! I know myself that I am thinking of the best thing I could do, and I need to start it today!

Again from the bottom of my heart, thank you very much for sharing your life to me!!! Thanks for the wonderful friendship and camaraderie!!!

Toodles!!!

♥♥♥☺☺☺

No comments:

Post a Comment