Saturday, April 28, 2012

To Pare With Love (Hehehehe)

Whenever we are together, he always asks me how come did we become good friends? I only remember the time we became friends because of one common person, my best buddy Andrewkells (simply Kenneth). It was my first year of teaching in our institution and I didn't know much about him, again thanks to my dear best buddy Andrewkells. I also didn't remember the very first time we were actually become really close but it is not anymore because of Andrewkells but because of a certain event. Ah! I remember, it was because of Divisoria.

I gave you my tributes to my best buddy Andrew, my kapatid forever Lyrize and to my darling Julie Girl. And this time, in the tradition of bringing out the lives of my dear friends, here comes another tribute or blog post to my loving friend, in which I simply call "Pare."

I hope you don't mind putting this nice picture, pare!
The things I remember about my good pare was indeed, for me, spectacular. I have to tell you, he has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. When we have pictures, he usually pose like there's no camera, or a serious one, or a smile that no one has. He maybe has the smile of Mona Lisa, but a male version (hehehehe!). Whenever I see him smile, for his challenge he had faced while he was in his new home, I forget it if not I can surely recall. With him, I can see that whenever trials and tribulations might come or would come, just a smile is the best way to outshine it. I don't know but from the stories that he shared to me, yes God is beside him and I know God is very much kind to him. And I know God gave him a beautiful smile in his face (o-ha!).

And I tell you, he is the best persuader in town (no pun intended!). Whenever he wants something, or he just wants something, up to heavens he will persuade you. The recent persuasion that he did to me was when he was asking me if I could come with him to Pangasinan. If only I could the best of both worlds, time and finances, I can come with you but the thing is, I don't have one, and I also have the other one, so it means I don't have time and finances (hehehe, sorry!). As of this writing, he is maybe having so much good time with his friends and classmates in Pangasinan as part of their class. I also remember some times he persuaded me that he wants something from my things, in which I gave it to him with all of my heart. I know what you're thinking pare and it's only hullabaloos! Keep on those persuasions coming, pare!!!

This is an example of Catanduanes beauty (and that
includes you, pare!)
He is very much proud of his own sanctuary, abode, home, whatever he wants to call it, Catanduanes. At first, I just don't understand why does he want to go and stay to his province until the time he might get old. I was a bit worried and scared because, sorry for having this kind of thought, thinking that Catanduanes is such a very far place and the way of living in the province is not as fast as here in Manila. And I don't understand also the purpose. But as what I see through his picture and as what I heard through his loving stories, I knew and I bet he had something very special in the place he finally calls home. He always insists us if we could visit him in his native town because we wanted to experience the hospitality his dearest province have. And I also wanted to experience the beaches, the waterfalls and the simplicity (good luck to me, hehehehe!) of life in Catanduanes. If possible, I also wanted to experience the trail he usually uses whenever he goes to his work in Tubli (am I right, pare?). Sometime in the near future, we will surely go there!

That's the way he shocks me!!! Hehehehe!!!
I still remember so many pranks that he did to me. I knew to myself that my nervousness has the highest level since I am a so-much coffee drinker. Every time we go home late or they visit me in our faculty lounge (when I was still part of the Grade School), he will never, ever forget to give surprising pranks to me. There was also a time that I received a hair-raising surprise from him and the initial reaction from me was to get angry. And actually, it is not only me who is always victimized by his not-so-cool-but-funny prank but other teachers too, which includes Theresa and Lyrize. I just don't want why he does that to me. Maybe, I always look really shocked or frightened, or maybe I always shout and he likes it. Or maybe, he just wanted to show attention or affection to us but through a different setting, which is making loud noise, banging the door and making our hearts pounding. To this date, I still wanted to experience that kind of horrific surprise. Someone already did that to me but nothing beats the horrifying act of pare when it comes to making me feel nervous. Seriously, I always anticipate that so I make the best move if I knew you'll surprise me or not. And I'm also sure you're not doing it to others (hmmp!).

When it comes to competitions inside or outside of our campus, he has the mightiest brains and ideas that will surely bring home the bacon. The last time he won was when our institution joined the Private Schools Association of Paranaque sets of competitions (I forgot the name of the contest itself). They joined the competition of speech choir with the entry piece entitled If I Were A Voice by Charles Mackay. When he did practices with the students, he had the greatest show on Earth, even if it was only a practice. I remember the time we were all watching it, and it gave me goosebumps because of the dynamic execution of words, gestures, actions and costume made courtesy by my good friend. Indeed, one word is enough for him to be described: passionate! Even at some indoor competitions, he has the best of his skills in visual and performing arts. I've seen how he is very passionate to his craft and being passionate, all of the shouts, the unending reminders and all paid off when they break a leg and win! That's what I don't have and I like it whenever he says that I can even better than him. Hmmm... Interesting to do!

The moments that we were always together!!! I miss those days

And the best thing I love my pare was whenever I needed him to enlighten me for the things that is happening to my life. From any kind or form, one call or text or chat away, he is there. Sometimes I don't know how to communicate with him because he is nowhere (hehehe) but if the time comes, at the buzz of my chat, he would surely ask me how was it going. There were two instances that I eagerly listened to him, one was I was very insistent and the other one was I was very begging-like being (haha!). The time I told him that I think it was God's will to be part of the department I was into. We were having an exclusive debate about me changing my path or career from one place to another. We were at Ruins, eating isaw and the other people might looking at us because I was creating my own decision to go there. But for him, he told me many and couple of times that it was not! We then continued it in Figaro at Pergola and he again told me that it's not yet time. I heard from him that I shouldn't use the will of God and my brother with the decision or with the time that it seemed not yet final. After a few weeks, he called me asking how am I doing. I was crying and pursuing the idea that he was actually right. It was not yet time!

The Sensei
The last enlightenment that he did to me was recent. I told him everything about my feelings towards my friend and my company. With my friend, I told him that he changed a bit and it seems that I don't understand him anymore. Eagerly, he was listening to me and told me that maybe it was just about my temperamental that I said those words. He even told me that Internet is not the good vehicle to tell or to say what's on your mind, especially if you're angry. With my company, I just liked the way he told me that why am I giving another shot of them being too unequal and unfair. He told me that I can be the best, but with other and not with the company that the greatness I have wasn't able to be seen or even felt. I need to step up the game and think outside of the box, by which in my own life, I never experienced it because admittedly I was really afraid. I always belonging myself to the comfort zone of my life and nothing is happening on me. He enlightened me by saying, "it's time!" And thanks to you, I think I should!

Pare, my friend and I were okay now. And with my problem with the company I am right now, I'll just do what you say, indirectly I'll bring out the best in me. And thank you for believing in me as always (even though in myself, I can't see the best in me!)

This is how I will say "happy birthday" to you! Thank you for the wonderful memories, happiness and frightening moments with you. Few days from now, you'll return to your home and find so much time telling and embracing the Word of God and using your potential to help those who are in need, known and unknown to you! Thank you for being my "spiritual adviser!" Without you, I don't know when to start and when to end. Without you, I don't know how will I make it! And without you, I don't know where I am!

Last thing! I remember our bet every salary day. If I got lost in our bet, I'll treat him with Starbucks Coffee; if I won, there's nothing (joke!)

Happy Birthday Martin Philip T. Alcantara! May our beloved God shower you with unlimited happiness and glory! I know how you glorify His name and I'm sure He sees that and whatever aspect,.the reward is given by Him to you!

Thank you for the friendship pare, and this is our last shot!

With or without the bet, we're friends until forever!!!
Toodles!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment