Sunday, June 03, 2012

The Grade School Experience

Few days from now, another round of school year is about to begin. And to tell you, as of this writing, I'm not yet prepared. Everything will be done in an easy way but of course, being thought for at least a thousand times. Monday, 4th of June, I'll be decorating my entire classroom and as of this writing, again, I still don't know what's my advisory class. Tuesday, 5th of June, I'll be passing all of the documents including my resume, transcript of records and other important stuffs. Wednesday, 6th of June, aside from going to Baclaran because it is first Wednesday, I need to check all of my things if I'm done! I need to wait for Saturday, 9th of June for our annual company outing in Los Banos (I think?). And my grade school experience will begin shortly, and that's Wednesday, 13th of June (a day right after our Independence Day!).

And yes, after a year of stint in the SpEd Department, I am now back with a vengeance in my original home, called the Grade School. New faces, new leadership and new experiences will come on my way as I start my school year right. I really don't know what's in store for me. New problems, new dilemmas and new inquiries from parents will be faced again. I am too much excited because I'll be handling younger kids (3rd and 4th graders) but a bit nervous because I knew myself how to handle them. I made a pact with myself that I will no longer be the Incredible Hulk to my students every time I don't like what they're doing. I'm just going to love them as my kids and not as my enemies or whoever they are! I want to forget the things that I've done in my last two years in Grade School before transferring to SpEd. I just want to make everything okay and alright, no more problems and no more hesitations. And yes, no more thinking of quitting.

I don't know how to begin my first day of classes on the 18th of June. Am I going to look like a funny guy, making fun of myself just to let my kids know me even better? Am I going to be as strict as a soldier knowing my kids well? Or am I just over-acting? I have better plans for my first day since I already have my class program but I don't know how to win the hearts of my kids. Yet, I'm too much excited to see them and to see them as a regular school teacher. I will no longer thinking of reprimands and disciplines with my kids because just one word and they're all well-behaved (I supposed!). I will no longer looking for some kids roaming around not only in our building but around the school. And I will no longer thinking of what to do next because I really feel lazy every time I'm seeing my kids doing nothing and making themselves busy chatting. Just one phrase coming from my mouth, everybody will get it and follow it. And I am so excited for that!

Of course, a school year will never be great without facing trials and challenges. Inside of our faculty, there would be lots of intense expressions but anyways, its part of professionalism. There will be new challenges waiting for us; some of it will be announced and others might be unannounced. But as a real, professional teacher, challenges will surely be done with ease and of course, if it can, with professional taste. Inside of our classroom, there will be challenges for the students, passing all of the requirements, answering worksheets, homework, quizzes, long tests and examinations. The noises and interrupting scenes will be created by the students which will make my head turn into its anger state. But as what I've promised, I shouldn't! And of course, who could forget the sweetness of the kids and you know what I mean!

School Year 2012-2013 marks my return to the big screen, and that's my return to big school. I've had gone for just one year, thinking of it as my resting stage, and with that I've learned so much! I can't wait for this year because a new kind of experience will be on its way. I don't know what is it, or how is it, and even when is it but I know in my heart that this school year will possibly be the best school year in my entire teaching career. Well, hopefully it is!

See you soon, my future students!!!

And toodles!!!

1 comment:

  1. good luck sir ziggy! happy to know that you're back in the GS Dept. for sure you'll love your new pupils...they were my pupils last two years ago and they are all sweet.

    ReplyDelete