Sunday, August 14, 2011

In Cinemas, August 31, 2011

Ang taray!!!

My birthday, August 31st falls on Wednesday, and here in the Philippines, most of the films are being premiered in the middle day of the week. I was really happy because six movies will be starting rolling their films at the movie houses on my natal day. I'm not sure if I can watch all of these films, since most of them are not my type of movies that I watch. But I guarantee myself that at least three out of these six films will definitely feast my eyes, not because of the actors but because of their warm-loving stories to tell.

P'WEDDING TAYO, P'WEDDING HINDI - by Star Cinema, which stars my two favorite comediennes, Toni Gonzaga and Eugene Domingo. I don't have any idea with their story, from the title and film poster itself, it seems that it is about a wedding, done in good and bad tastes. Toni's wedding might be a perfect one, while Eugene's not.

Anyway, what's important with it is that, it has two outrageously funny women in our entertainment industry, and I guess, I'll be making my tummy ache again because of them.







TRUST - directed by David Schwimmer (is he the one from Friends?). It stars Clive Owen and Viola Davis (actually, they are the only two that I know from this movie). According to its synopsis, it is a story of 13-year-old girl who met a 15-year-old boy online. But the boy's real age is 30 year old, mocking himself to the girl. And then, they did the thing which was supposedly not to be done with a teenager. In that incident, a lot of things had happened, including investigation, counselling and so much more.

I'm not sure if I'm going to watch this because it doesn't interest me well, but I think it is a good film. Based from the reviews that I've seen, it is "one of the most acclaimed films of 2011." Well, let's see it, next year on cable. Hehehe!



COLOMBIANA - released via Viva Films. It fronts Zoe Saldana, from the surprisingly 2009 hit Avatar, and Michael Vartan, from my another favorite movie Monster-in-Law. It is a story of an assassin who had a very tragic childhood memories of seeing her parents being gunned down. She grew up to become one of the elite assassins taking down gangsters and other bad-ideal persons in their area. The only objective of her becoming an assassin is to reach the mastermind who abducted her parents.

I'll probably watch this because I have an inclination of watching action films, in which women are the action stars. Think of Angelina Jolie of Mr. and Mrs Smith, Salt and Wanted; Milla Jovovich of the Resident Evil franchise and Uma Thurman of Kill Bill Volumes 1 and 2, they are really going to bring down the house with their action skills and handling the gun. And now, I could include Zoe Saldana.

DEEP GOLD - directed by Michael Gleissner. It stars so many actors and actresses that I do not really know. Anyway, I've seen its film trailer when my friends and I watched "Ang Babae sa Septic Tank" in SM Southmall. We were really hesitant in watching it, but at the same time, it feels good because they've filmed it in our country, the majestic Philippines. According to Wikipedia, they used Cebu and Palawan as their location, and probably a good choice!

We were also making some "okray" reactions because it will be shown in 3D! How's that! Well, another milestone for our country, and another movie to be watched... On cable, next year!!!





ZOMBADINGS 1: PATAYIN SA SHOKOT SI REMINGTON - We've seen its trailer last year. I was with my friends watching Mama Kris Aquino's thriller Dalaw. When we've seen it, we were all criticizing it at first because it is not truly mainstream. But we were all shocked (not only the three of us) because it is a funny movie, not just a horror one! We told to ourselves, we'll surely watch it.

It stars Roderick Paulate (of course!), Janice de Belen, Eugene Domingo (my favorite), Lauren Young (from Mula Sa Puso) and Martin Escudero (as the title role, not Zombading but Remington). It's a story of a boy (Remington) who always crack jokes with a gay (Roderick Paulate). Afterwards, he was being cursed telling that when he reached a certain age, he will become a full-fledged gay. But there's a twist, some gay men in their town has been targeted and being rid out by someone. Later on, the whole town has been swarmed by many zombies who were actually gay, thus being called Zombadings. Scary isn't it? I don't know, but after watching it, I guess, it's not only scary but also horrifying!

BAD TEACHER - Stars my favorite Charlie's angel, Cameron Diaz, Jason Segel (from How I Met Your Mother?) and the ex-boyfriend of Cameron, Justin Timberlake (how weird is that!). It's a story of a worst teacher in the whole of Chicago who curses her students, consumes alcohol, smokes marijuana and shows movies to let herself sleep during her class. She wants to quit teaching just to marry her very rich fiancĂ© but she was dumped by him leaving her alone. Then she meets her substitute teacher, played by Justin, and tries to win him too, knowing that he is also as rich as with his former flame.

It seems that most of the films to be shown during my birthday are very close to my heart (well, it is for you to say it, hahaha!). I'm not as bad as Cameron's role here but being teacher can be funny most of the times. But I think it is really hard to become one, because you exemplify the best of the society. And yes, we're humans and we need to take the back seat by doing a lot of things normal, happy people do. In short, just watch the film and go judge her! Hahaha!

There you go, the six films that will hit the box-office by storm on my birth anniversary. Now, what should I watch, and where should I watch these films (as what I've written earlier, I'll be only watching three films, who are so close to my heart, well I don't know?). I think these films will be on top of the charts because they chose to premiere on my birthday! Hahaha! Just kidding!

See a movie and toodles!!!

☺☺☺

No comments:

Post a Comment