Sunday, August 07, 2011

This Sunday Morning on Brouhahas...

Oh, how I can wait to celebrate my birthday on the 31st. I hope we don't have classes because I wanted to celebrate it with my family. Yes, with my family; we'll pig out and have a good time doing chit-chatting and other stuff. Then we'll cook my favorite dishes such as my mom's dinuguan, kaldereta, menudo, spaghetti (but I still prefer her carbonara), fried chicken (though I can't have it all) and so much more! Or maybe, we can eat out, and I'm in charge with everything. I don't know how to celebrate my birthday?

BIRTHDAY NOVENAS - I'm doing two birthday novenas this year. I'm on my third year finishing my birthday novena in front of Our Mother of Perpetual Help. I started it in 2009 and thankfully, all of my prayers were awarded by Her. But to be exact, I'm not really asking for a petition to Her, I just go there as a devotee and not to ask for something. Whenever I have problems about life, specifically financial and career problems, I just go here and contemplate. I don't know when will I stop raising my hands in front of Our Mother. Lifetime, perhaps, I could say. If ever I'm working abroad (I do hope so), I'm still be Her forever devotee! Another one is my devotion to St. Jude Thaddeus every Thursday. With my dear friend, we traverse from our institution to Mendiola in Manila just to catch the 7:15 p.m. mass and novena. St. Jude Thaddeus is known for being the patron of hopeless cases. I started my devotion to Him when Mom became sick and needs to have an operation. Thankfully, through my efforts and through St. Jude's intercession, my Mom became very well and the operation was not pushed through. I was able to write it here in my blog, and yes, His miracle is really true! Right now, I am also becoming a true devotee of Padre Pio. My cousin told me about it and she said that the whatever you pray for Him, He will grant it! We tried to go to His church in Libis last week, and it is so serene and very simple. I got two letters and I'll pass a petition to Him because I have so many things to ask for. But of course, I need to do some efforts to make my petitions do come true.

SECOND QUARTER - First quarter is over, it's time for us to face our newest challenge. Second quarter in our institution is known for being the longest, spanning three months (from August to October) and many, many things will happen. The Linggo ng Wika, in which we need to speak using our mother tongue, Filipino. When I entered SPED, I never thought I will also teach Filipino to these wonderful kids. Yes, I'm having a hard time, especially in translating Filipino to English to my students because they cannot speak. Then we have our exposure trip, and I'm so happy I'm going to meet my idol, my heart and my woman Anne Curtis in Showtime (hopefully on that date, she's there!) and other stars in the Kapamilya network. Our Foundation Day, which is also exciting to see and the Living Rosary, in which the students will perform an Interpretative Dance for Jesus. I can't wait to have long tests and quarterly exams because we're only half day in our schedules and with that, I can do everything! Hahaha!

THE WOMAN IN THE SEPTIC TANK - I might needed to write the English title of the movie that my good friends watched last Friday. Eugene Domingo, I have to say, nailed her performance here. She can do drama and comedy at the same time; I think she can only do that without pretensions. At the beginning of the film (am I doing a film review here?), you would see the realm of squatter's area in Metro Manila; how hard life is for them. Then you would see Eugene, as a mom named Mila cooking lunch for her kids (I counted it seven) sharing a pack of instant noodles. Then, she was bathing her daughter because she has to go to a certain Caucasian selling her kids to a pedophile. My goodness, a drama of a poor mother, being alone and having lots of kids and the only way she could have money is to choose one from her brood and sell him/her. You would know that that's the surface of the movie but it is not, they were actually new breed of filmmakers making a film about poverty and asking for the service of Eugene Domingo as their lead actress. The performance of Cai Cortez (the one who have no dialogues at all, only a shout), as Jocelyn, the production manager, for me was the memorable one for me. She did not say a single word, just a mumble and a smile and a shout, still she delivered it. She was not a decoration, or an addition to the story, thus she was part of the story. She was also the one who imagines their film, so maybe that's her own kind of dialogue in the film. Between Kean Cipriano and JM de Guzman, I preferred the portrayal of Kean as Rainier dela Cuesta. He did a good job as a budding director who wants to have a good-reviewed film. Unlike with JM (as Bingbong, the producer), all he ever thinks is the Kodak Theater and their film going to be the Philippines' bet for Best Foreign Language Film at the Oscars. Another part of the movie that flabbergasted me was the vulgar words. My goodness, if you're really a conservative type of a human being, you might cover your ears because the way they utter the words, it is really a gunshot. If those words could kill to the person they pertaining to, they're all dead. But the most important scene in the movie is their meeting with Eugene Domingo at her home (but in reality, that's not her mansion. I only saw her condo unit through YES! Magazine's July issue). According to her, there are three kinds of acting, the elevator acting, the TV Patrol acting (which I may say, her best comic stance) and the "as is, where is" acting. She was also making some suggestions, and it is really hilarious! And the sequence number 7 wherein they wanted her to dump herself in the septic tank. For her, it is perfect to do death-defying act, frontal nudity and sex scene with actual penetration (in this part, I really had a hearty laugh) and but not to make her swimming around the septic tank with feces in it. No wonder, Eugene Domingo hailed by Cinemalaya as this year's Best Actress and the movie became box-office hit in the said film festival.

WEIGHT PROBLEMS - Before, so many people are telling that I lost some weight. But now, as I do my blogging, I really think that I did gain weight again. I don't understand myself, I was craving for so many food. I always eat out, knowing that some of the foods they serve have full of cholesterol, fats and other nutrients that makes my body bigger and leaner. I need to lose weight, because I don't want to be "times ten" bigger on the TV screen, during our Showtime stint on September 20th, hahaha!

NO CLASSES - This past weeks, we only had four days of classes because of the sudden coming of the typhoons and heavy rains. For me, it is really good because I tend to do things without kids but it is really an alarming one because the lessons were moving from one day to another. The preparations were in a mishap because of the sudden suspension of classes. Last week, we didn't have classes on Tuesday. Good thing, I was able to watch Umagang Kay Ganda saying that the suspension of classes was declared in pre-school, grade school and high school only in Metro Manila. The following day, Wednesday, DepEd declared half-day suspension because of non-stop rains in Metro Manila. I think, having this kind of profession, which is teaching has both advantage and disadvantage in this kind of scenario. The advantage is, if we don't have classes, we don't have work, but we're paid. The disadvantages are (yes, I made it plural), the moving of the lessons, the numerous complaints from the parents, and of course, the knowledge of the kids that you really wanted to have but could not have because of the suspensions. The kids are having a party because they don't have classes, but for the teachers, though some they are also happy but the essence of the work is on the rocks. I'm not in favor to make September as the opening of classes, just like in other countries, because of so many reasons: the division of the quarters, the temperature of April and May which is scorching hot, and celebrating fiestas and the Holy Week. I don't know for other academicians, or faculty members, or school administrators, or division superintendents, but for me, as Teacher 2, I don't think moving to September as the start of classes is the only exodus for having these kind of problems when it comes to schooling.

And these are our brouhahas this Sunday! Hope you have a good time reading.

Let's make my blog have 2,400 views before my birthday... Please, please, please!!!

Toodles!!! ☺☺ ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment