Sunday, January 29, 2012

Past, Present and Future Brouhahas

I am an English teacher, was an English teacher before and will be forever an English teacher.

Creative title right? Boastful introduction, isn't it? Yes, after my whole year with my love, which is the Special Education, I think I deserve to return to where I started, to where I belonged to and to where I think my passion will be until forever, and that's the wonderful world of the English language. My brouhahas are all about having the past experiences, the present situation and the future condition of myself. In short, here are some of the happenings around my world (hehehehe!)

PAST BROUHAHAS


BALIW-BALIWAN - I was on the verge of being too crazy to an emotion in which I never thought of happening to me. Last long weekend, I was so into this person in which I didn't understand why. This person did not show to me all of the messages and others which I can't say it. I was crying because of nothing, I don't know why? I was so angry not because of this person but because of what I was feeling that time. I cried Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, really a baliw-baliwan lang! I told myself that I shouldn't consider that person to be in my life because in return, that person would love me as long that person's feelings are concerned and considered. (My goodness, why the hell am I sharing this to you?) Enough of being too crazy over the person that you want, if nothing happens, then just move on to the next page of your life! Just enjoy being single and terribly happy, right?

Leon's own masterpiece (judge it for yourself!).
AUTISM SOCIETY PHILIPPINES' ON-THE-SPOT PAINTING CONTEST - Last Monday, January 23 which is a holiday and Chinese New Year, I woke up so early just to be with my love Leon Matthew Alvarez joining the On-the-Spot Painting Contest, as being organized with one of the biggest organizations of Special Education and special children in the country, Autism Society Philippines (I still wonder why we're not joining this organization?). We went to the DENR Central Office in Quezon City at around 8:00 am but the organizers failed to begin the contest on time. They were telling us that they were still waiting for some contestants and some judges (pa-importante, as what I say) coming to the event. I saw this contender, his name is Carlos and he made me looked amazed to him with what confidence he does have in himself. While the sound man was scoring the music of Taylor Swift entitled "Love Story," he was doing a "concert-like" performance in front of the people, mimicking a microphone with his hand and singing a very, very loud tune imbibing the whole Social Hall of DENR. It was seemed that he wanted to become a host, an entertainer if that's the case. Near to our table is definitely a winner. I think his name is Miguel and he is really big but very good in arts. I saw some of his artworks because of his companions were flipping some pages of his sketch pad. He is very good in drawing, especially anime. His fine motors skills are definitely on top! No wonder, he won in the contest as the first prize. While on our part, Leon, my cute love, did join the activity but already felt the pain in his hand, and complaining in return. Comparing his work to others, his is only a drawing of a kid, while others are masterpieces, and I say "masterpieces!" We ended our competition a bit successful, though some complications had happened like waiting for the 1/4 illustration board and the undefeated saga of explanation made by Sir Prime!

My newest joy!
THE iPOD EXPERIENCE - Yes, I already bought my partner's iPod Touch 8GB first generation. I'm not interested too much with the latest gadgets (well, except iPad 2) and only for music and videos. I was really inspired with my best buddy who uses a pre-owned iPod Nano 8GB third generation (as what I always say to him, that's the iPod Nano Anne Curtis used to own before). I had everything with it, some songs, some applications like Angry Birds, Plants vs. Zombies and Fruit Ninja, but problem happened when I was about to take a closer look of it. I was really sad because I didn't know what happened, some of the applications that it had were completely lost. Some people told me and instructed me that I unknowingly clicked something from iTunes that made it lost. I really sad to my partner, "ano ba naman 'tong iPod na 'to, nakakabobo" Of course, it is one-hell-of-a-joke, but really, it made me a bit stupid on what should I do with it. He then told me that, "ganoon talaga kapag first time mo sa isang bagay!" Catchy statement indeed! As of this writing, I already have 142 songs and still thinking to pursue my almost a thousand songs to put into my newest (well not really new) gadget, which is my iPod. For my iPad 2, I can't wait to have you! Hmmm... probably this year!

PRESENT BROUHAHAS


Don Raymundo and Dona Zenaida Balota
MY PARENTS' 34TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY - I always see them the whole of my lifetime and they are really love each other, in their own specific way. My father, Raymundo who is now on his diamond age of 61 and my mother, Zenaida who is as happy as she can be in her tender age (?) of 56 are now on their 34th anniversary as husband and wife. As their son, it is really hard for me to describe them as a parent. The only thing I could say is that they always support me every time I need them for my decisions. I consider them as a happy parent. And with my own kind of life, I am so honored, happy and triumphant to say that they love me even though I am like this. I am still not saying to them what I truly feel, but I know they do understand because I am happy. There were times that they pass through bumps and hassles in their marriage life but no one from the both of them are breaking the cord. But the way I see the both of them, they still love each other, care for each other, and treat each other as best of friends. I am so happy because I am not a product of a broken family unlike others, sadly speaking, whose making their families or their parents bound to each other again will only be a mystery and a dream to come true. On Sunday, I think it will be our first time to have a family bonding away from our home and in Tagaytay (after fourteen straight years, I will go back to Tagaytay, which is only a few minutes away from our nestled home!). We will surely have a quality, bonding time together as a friend together with their grandchildren! Happy Anniversary, Mama and Papa, just consider the love of our family and of course, the love of God through good times and bad times and even the worse times and of course, the best times of our lives! Love love love!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM GONE BAD - As what the Merriam Websters Dictionary defined the word "criticism," it is "an act of criticizing usually unfavorably," or "a critical observation or remark." Thus, constructive criticism has also something to do with it but I don't know why others cannot accept it? I just don't understand. At first, maybe you'll feel disappointed and embarrassed because you weren't able to fulfill what you have to do. Still, I don't understand why others cannot accept it.

FUTURE BROUHAHAS

SHOWTIME VERSUS EAT BULAGA! - ABS CBN and GMA already did it before and the battle between the two noontime shows are consistently a good one. Now, the early demise of Happy Yipee Yehey of ABS CBN is about to happen starting next week (February 4), they are now grooming their morning talent show Showtime to become one of their staunchest pride in noontime against the outstanding Eat Bulaga! Let me tell you this, I don't know where will I go. I would surely do what I am doing every time I am watching TV. If it is a commercial break, I'll switch to another channel, and if it is their time to have a break, I'll go back to this channel. And that drama in watching TV will soon be done again if Showtime will be pitted against Eat Bulaga. The two families will surely have a good kind of battle, a healthy one I guess since they have a different style in entertaining the people. Imagine, one exciting afternoon while eating with your family or with your friends, in front of you are two of the most prominent noontime shows in the country! Now I will ask you, are you Team Showtime? Or Team Eat Bulaga?

OBSERVATIONS - And for this time, I will be observed unbeknownst! Yes, I feel nervous right now but in a well-mannered way. I don't know what will happen either on Monday or on other days but I will do the best I can, and of course, I will be too true on what I am doing. It will be the teachers of English that will be the next target of our principal and truthfully, I will accept all of things that is crucial to understand and to imbibe into my own professional career as an educator, unlike those of others who cannot... Enough of it!

MY BEST BUDDY'S 25TH BIRTHDAY - In our barkada, he will be the first one who will celebrate the end of our first quarter of our lives (you know what I mean guys!). On Tuesday, January 31, I'll be making a very special brouhaha all about my best buddy; how did we start as friends, how are we as friends, and what do we see each other as friends in the near future. Our friendship is definitely an example of the tenses of the verbs and each tense has its own story!

Let me end my brouhaha with one of the best quotes that my super idol Paulo Coelho articulated in his latest book Aleph (I will be putting it here again!):

It isn't what you did in the past that will affect the present. It's what you do in the present that will redeem the past and thereby change the future.


I want to forget everything that happened to me in the past! I've been asking our Lord's grace to please help to finish what I have felt before. It really drove me crazy since then and I want to showcase myself that I can find someone even better. The perfect time is still not existing, but I know He's surely preparing it for me. And for the future, it is better not to be so excited and expectant because I might have the chance of being so discontented just in case it will happen. So let me be too observant with what is today. Besides, past, present and future are, for me, just a plain simple tense of verbs!!!


Thanks for reading and...


Toodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment