Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sabadabadabadoodlelilooloolaloolabrouhahas

I am so tired, I feel so expired but for this whole week, I gained so much, not of course with weight but with somebody whom it made me a bit exalted and uplifted. And that's why I am here writing again because of you and you and all of you guys who are so happy reading my posts.

A very hectic schedule came done because of our Sports Festival. I wasn't even so sporty unlike the others, students and teachers, who did a long way. Basketball, volleyball, table tennis, badminton, chess and relay games had been successfully staged, thanks to all of the teachers who actively helped to make it happen. Though there were some instances of misunderstandings and changes with the rules and regulations of each games, still it turned out real good. For five days, I was playing badminton and volleyball, with a bit of basketball. Ever since I was made, I never tried playing basketball, not even once. When I was still young, I used to own a basketball; I also even had a ring for shooting. But because of so many outer influences, I didn't gain much enthusiasm with it and I left it to others. For volleyball, I also tried to play when I was in elementary. I even tried to join the varsity but I didn't make it. Admittedly, I am so much scared with the ball. Nowadays, I am trying to regain myself in playing that sport but not as professional and as gruesome as other players. I was listed, together with my best buddy, to join the exhibition game of volleyball of teachers. What we did, we just played badminton at the Grade School grounds. Though we also tried playing volleyball but not as grand as what they were doing. For me, I do not take badminton as a competitive sport unlike my good professor-friend, but as mere kind of game to lose weight. I also asked my friends if we could have badminton and they were so obliging to play with me. Last Monday, I don't know but I really feel so good with playing it. I was doing smashing, dropping and instant hitting of the shuttlecock. If there's only an exhibition game of teachers with badminton, I would surely raise my two hands and play like a professional (read "like a" professional!). Still in my childhood days, I used to be a chess master. I even tried to beat my uncle and my neighborhood friend for this type of game. But when I was growing up and maturing, I forgot almost everything about the game of chess. The moves of the pawn, the rookie, the queen, the bishop, the king and the tower (?), I forgot them all. They have said that the game of chess is only for the intelligent people, but then I think I am not already part of the chess club.

For four days, I've hosted the relay games of the Grade School division. And I've seen almost the entire students of our institution and they were all cute, gorgeously-looking, naughty and even mighty. They already knew the concept of winning the obstacles that was why they were all eager to win the game. Also in our game, there were some complaints, misunderstandings, and changes of rules but, they were all part of it. A game will never be a game without blow-ups; think of a very sumptuous food but without taste because you didn't add spice in it. After all, the students were really happy and filled with so much joy and excitement in whole of them.

Last night, I've watched Unofficially Yours starring Angel Locsin and John Lloyd Cruz. As a John Lloyd Cruz follower, this was the first time I saw him doing a very daring act. The movie is like No Strings Attached and Friends With Benefits. I understand their relationship, the girl was haplessly romantic then so she doesn't want to have a serious one. The boy is truly, madly, deeply in love with the girl, in which he had a one night stand one vacation time. They were doing sex but no relationship at all. But the boy has the feelings, the girl doesn't have. It is really complicated and away from the camera, or in real life, nobody would surely do that and would surely follow that principle. In the movie, Mackie (played by John Lloyd) is an example of a person who wanted to have a new life, which is by means of finding his new love of his life. He wanted to have a new direction, no more mistakes, no more second thoughts, just to have a perfect life with his one and only love. He was also a person who would do everything for the sake of love. His character studied in UST prior to UP because of his girlfriend. Then he transferred to CEU from UST because of his another girlfriend and he even shifted to dentistry just to be with the girl, in which he was left behind. Cess (played by Angel) is already fired up with the game of love. She had the same venture with Mackie when it comes to it. She almost forgot her own life just to be with the man she truly loved. They met an accident in Cebu and after that, the boy that Cess loves fell out of love with her, by means of accepting an offer as an architect in New York. Really interesting in the movie, they were both writers of Manila Bulletin (I think in their lifestyle section) and he even got interviewed the former boyfriend of Cess named Vince. There was a scene that the former boyfriend told to Mackie his past relationship. It was also the story which Cess told to Mackie prior to the interview. He got really antagonized and he punched Vince. What the former boyfriend said that he didn't even feel regretful on what she did to Cess. At the surface of the story, it was just a plain love story started on a different note, which was a "one night stand." Later in the end, after more than a thousand miles of patience waiting of Mackie, Cess gave in and loved him in return. They were singing VST & Co.'s "Ikaw Ang Aking Mahal."

The premise of the movie, do relationships really need an official status. As friends, you should not be. If more than friends like love, yes there should be. If that would happen to me, it would only be a one big blow. I don't want to settle for a person in which no love is being returned. And doing that "thing," call me conservative but really it should be done if you're so much for it. And yes, I never imagined John Lloyd Cruz and Angel Locsin doing that steamy love and bed scenes. I also saw so many symbolism of love from the film: the difference between the sabaw and the malaman. For sabaw, there's nothing really special, plain and simple, no oomph, kick and adrenaline; it is nothing. The malaman has everything in it, the liquid, the vegetables, the meat, the added flavors and so much more. Just like in a relationship, no feelings and no commitment but they see each other and they make love; that's sabaw. The malaman has both the feelings, the commitments and the joy of falling in love. Another thing was when Mackie changed his entire career from dentistry to a writer. Is it really true that for you to become a better person and to let go of the past is to change a bit of you. Nevertheless career, or love, or even religion, if you want to draw a blank to a person, you have to do it.

I've known my latest weight measurement, thanks to the kiosk inside Mercury Drug which it only cost me P5.00. In that technology-advanced kiosk for knowing your measurement, you would know your height, weight, blood pressure, and body fat mass index. I was really staggered when I saw my results that I am 195 pounds heavy. Imagine, just 5 pounds and I can be part of The Biggest Loser! The average weight according to my age, which is 24-25 is from 120 to 150 pounds. I need to lose more than 40 pounds just to have an average weight! I was really worried because I could have the best of ailments especially in heart, in my gastrointestinal system and I could also be a victim of diabetes. I am a rice person, no doubt about it. I could even finish at most three rounds of rice if the viand is devilish and mouth-watering. I don't have too much exercise and my lifestyle is most outside and not inside. This is really a wake-up call to me. I am considered an overweight!

Now what to do? I need to listen to some of my friends about their regimen in losing weight and maintaining their weight. I need to focus on what I'm eating. I need to hug more vegetables, fruits and proteins, not carbohydrates and those dreadful fats. With protein, maybe take it lesser than what I used to take. Exercises, I'll try to do it every morning but I don't know, I am too lazy to achieve it. I'm wanting to do something more worthwhile like joining marathons and playing badminton with my loves (calling my dear friends!). And if I do that, 40 pounds and even more will be shed off my body and I will feel lighter than before!

And these are the things that I am so much into this week. Let's face it, I am big, I am not a sports enthusiast and I am a huge John Lloyd fan and these made my week so humdrum yet with so much excitement! Especially the time that I was talking...

Thank you for reading!

Toodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment