Saturday, February 04, 2012

My Best Buddy and Other Brouhahas

Another brouhahas to delight you, my readers!!! As of this writing, I already reached the 5,000 views on my 10-month-old blogsite. I want to say thank you for your appreciation towards my way of writing. I know most of them can be a boring one, or an interesting one; nevertheless what is important is I somehow share what I know and what I feel to you! Again from the bottom of my super big heart, I thank you!

Now, let's go to the main event of my post today. Last January 31, a very special one is so oh-so-close to my heart celebrated his 25th birthday. Yes, we as being born in the year of 1987 will celebrate our 25 glorious years. In our circle of friends, called The Fantastic Seven (gosh, you know how much I miss you guys!), he is the first one who will celebrate since he was born January.

Sir Andrew to you, Kenneth to us, but as always, he was simply
Andrew Kenneth Flores Quisumbing
We became so close during our first year of our college life. He was known before as Eric Quizon since he had the resemblance of the said actor. But for us, his really, really close friends, he was known simply as Pidol. Yes, I could say that he has the look of a superstar. He even tried (I hope you would not betray me as your friend, just sharing!) to do some auditions because he wanted to. Anyways, I remember him being so close during our ROTC activities in PLM. In making a platoon during that time, we were grouped according to our location. Both of us came from Southern Metro Manila (I live in the Emerald City called Muntinlupa, and he lives in Las Pinas). He was my classmate so he talked to me, but then he has his high school friends talking to him as well. The very first question that he asked to me, "Taga-saan ka?" I said, "Muntinlupa!" "Ah, so malapit ka sa Metropolis?" At first glance, I thought he was some kind of a rich one, a luxurious one or if not, a classy one, but it made proved wrong that he wasn't. Hehehehe! Kidding aside of course! After that, we became again very close because we already made circle of friends, still on our first year of college. He was still part of the other group, the so-called "gamers" because he was really fond of computer games, specifically MMORPG or the likes. There was also a time that he spent being with us and left his so-called "ka-gamers" because he just wanted to have some fun. And that's our friendship started.
As an ubergamer with our dear friends Cha Cha, Imee and Cacai...
(Look at the way he plays, open-mouthed!!! Hehehe peace!!!)
We're always magkasabay going home from PLM. He always takes the Zapote route while I'm taking the Alabang route. I also sometimes goes with him on his route but I'm only until Buendia. And we were walking towards Luneta or riding on our bus, millions and millions of jokes, pranks, okray and serious matters had been shared. Most of the time, we were talking and chatting about our friends, and yes, we were making fun of them but not too downing. We're also considered as phone buddies. Since he had their latest SMART BRO unlimited Internet connection while I still had the old-fashioned dial-up Internet connection, courtesy of ISP Bonanza, we were having the good time talking over the phone on what we were seeing in it. We were talking about the Friendster testimonials of our friends, the pictures of our wacky college life (back then), some news and even gruesome encounters on the Web. Aside from that, without the computer and the Internet, we were talking strangely about our family, about our careers in the future, our likes and dislikes, and even our own insecurities towards each other. We never had secrets that was never been shared, of course except with the more personal ones. The problems I had before, all of them I shared to him. When I was really down because I didn't have work, he was the first one I called to say that I badly one! When his institution, which I became part too, had an opening for new teachers, I was the first one in his mind. Because of him, I could never have a job so fulfilling like what we're having right now. I am so proud to say that since day one of our college life, I am his classmate and I am his best friend!


Together with our students Clare Audrey Halnas and Rozheanne Hilario
(I was their Grade 6 English teacher, he was their First Year English teacher)
In our institution, he was known as Sir Andrew (even my SPED students like him for I really don't know the reason?) as one of "the" greatest teachers of English in High School. When it comes to decency, eloquence, passion and substance in teaching English, he has everything in it. I always say it to myself that if ever I became a student for one day, I'll be entering his classroom and eagerly listening to him! Why not to become our coordinator soon, he has the full potential I may say, not because I am his friend but I know he has the guts to be fitted as our coordinator. But of course, if he doesn't want, then it's fine. I also learned so many things from him, from the simple ones to the greatest ones. He is one of the simplest person I've known; he can be the one that has everything since he has the confidence. But probably if he's richer than today, he'll still be the meekest person I've known ever since. 

In our circle of friends, he was known as Kenneth, sometimes Ken Ken, sometimes Kenth Cuddles and even Kenwa! He was known to be the one-liner, punchliner and grave joker! Sometimes, admittedly, he wanted to make fun to a person he was interested to make fun of but it was not really a personal punch. He knew his limitation in making jokes. And that's what we want from him, "kung makapanglait akala mo kung sinong perfect" but the truth is, it wasn't really a funny remark but a wake-up call (if that really is?) that we should be in order. He is really a shoulder-to-cry-on kind of friend and he will say anything that he wants you to do from his heart and his mind. And later on, you would realize that you should really do it in order for you to become stronger and firmer. That's Kenneth!

He is not known for being too sleepy. It just so happened he is sleepy.
Honestly, I'm having a hard time making such post like this to him, because for our friendship, it should not be put on a writing. What is important to us is to have the best of our lives! I don't understand ourselves because we really never felt "kasawaan" towards each other. For us, every new day is a new chance of sharing stories, together with the rest of our friends. That is why, I'm assume (hehehe), other people from our institution or from other league has the jealousy of a perfect friendship that seems our own kind have. 

All I could say is thank you for the wonderful friendship! Nearly 10 years of indescribable friendship can't be tamed; we are wilder than we were expected! I can't wait to have some bonding time to the next level because I know and you know, we know, that we are all in this together! Happy Birthday Kenneth!

(When you read this, don't tell me if there are grammar errata, just let it. Besides this is not as formal as what you normally does with your kids!)

Can you imagine how flexible your Sir Andrew is? This is our picture
during our PLM days!!!
Anyways, other brouhahas include:

MY JULIE GIRL'S COMEBACK - Last February 1 was her return to our institution and I say I truly missed her. She was out for 3 months due to her pregnancy and on December 1, 2011, she became a full-fledged mother to a very wonderful angel named Julli Summer! Whenever I feel heavyhearted and inconsolable, I always look up on her and she finds time to talk about what I feel. The feeling that I had before was relieved because of her words of wisdom!

A DATE NIGHT WITH AILEEN - Yesterday, Theresa, Juanito, Ms. Roxanne, Sir Ronald, Andrew and yours truly had so much fun last night at the famous Charbroiled inside BF Homes with our former colleague T. Aiz. The last time I saw her was her last day at our institution because of so many reasons, personal and professional as it may seem. She treated us with a hearty dinner and she shared so many stories from her, from her first days at her new institution down to her recent "emcee" performances. You know how much I miss you, my friend, especially our late chit-chats and hang-outs with the gang! Hopefully to see you again so soon!

DUDE'S GRADUATION - Today is my dear friend Yuan's (hehehe walang sir, not too aware of it!) commencement exercises of De La Salle University at the PICC. All of us are so proud of him for the achievement he has right now. I've known the whole (and I mean whole) story of his journey from day one to day fifty two to day three hundred seventy three down to his last day of being a MAARFIL student (that's his degree!). And now, together with his fruit of labor, which is the diploma, he is now ready to face a new challenge. In deep thought, I am also wanting to be like him as a graduate of one of the prestigious universities in our country and making my own kind of papers, analyses and of course, the dreadful thesis. I don't know, but all of his friends are looking up to him. Seems like a rags-to-riches kind of story but not really. He is very rich, very very rich when it comes to his friends (hehehehe!) Congratulations and job well done, dude!

TAGAYTAY INTERVENTION WITH THE FAMILY - I really used the word intervention because we broke away from our tradition of celebrating the wedding anniversary of my parents at home. Our family had never been too fond of going out or sort of vacation. If there's a celebration, we just wanted to celebrate it at home. This year marked their 34th anniversary and we were so happy to celebrate it in Tagaytay City, just a few kilometers away from our home (almost an hour drive away!). I didn't drive because I have never been to Tagaytay after fourteen years (yes, when I was in Grade Four, that's the first time I visited the city). We stayed at Picnic Grove but it came to my disappointment seeing so many people vying the place too. But the climate (though its hot in the afternoon) and the place was so serene and perfect place for a celebration. We just shared our stories, our jokes, our opinions and our food! The Balota household had their very first family bonding together outside and it was really memorable. Next year, maybe Baguio? Next two years, maybe Hong Kong?

There you go guys! Our brouhahas for this week!!!

Again, thank you for making my blogsite "readable by views," with more than 5,000 views!

Happy Birthday Kenneth!!!
Welcome back, Julie Girl!!!
I miss you T. Aiz!!!
Congratulations, Juanito!!!
Happy Anniversary, Mudak and Pudak!!!

And Happy 5,000 views!!! Woohoo!!!

Toodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment