Monday, July 11, 2011

If Only I Could Turn Back Time...

"Give me time to reset, give me time to seek the truth..."

If those words could actually meet in reality, I am about to do it. But we're living in reality and yes, I can't achieve it! Earlier (before doing this blog of mine), my colleagues had so much fun talking and talking about our future plans. My best buddy wishes to seek a job that is away of school works, particularly office jobs just like in a call center or same environment. My friend wishes her luck to try applying at public school, because nowadays, teachers in public school can have skyrocketing compensation (no pun intended!). My friend also wishes to try her luck to another institution or another league away from school or education. I, myself, also have the same indication.

I remember what my dear friend told me about loving your job. They were like cobwebs or branches. This is the premise: yes, you have your work on this company. The company benefits you because of your workforce. It will not grow mature and successful if not because of the dynamism of the workers. Vice versa, you benefit the company because of the compensation packages, allowances and supplies. And with these, what the company needs you is being attained. It is easy to address, easy to see but impossible to maintain. You're doing your job the best that you can achieve and present but do you think, your company acknowledges you? Or the other way around, the company has the best assets, but do you think you can have all of those?

Last summer, my friends and I went to this coffee shop somewhere in ParaƱaque and we were talking (still talking?) about anything and everything under the sun. We know that eavesdropping is really impolite and not an urbanized behavior but someone is eavesdropping on our conversations. Then she butted in. She asked us if we were all teachers; my good friend answered back, she said yes. Then she told us that their institution, a well-known (if I say well-known, it is really well-known!) name somewhere in Muntinlupa was actually having a job opening for teachers. They needed grade school and high school English teachers. I don't understand but the way you look at it, it is not myself whose going near to the opportunity, but the opportunity comes near to me. It could be great! And it is very near to my home so I could actually do it. At the same time, talking about compensation, it is absolutely remarkable, better than... But I told myself, my mind has been settled to the choice I've made. 

"Give me time to reset, give me time to seek the truth..."

If chances upon I grabbed that opportunity, I was having a good time right now. Maybe my credits were all acknowledged and even gained. I learned too much because of the privileges they might give to their employees. I could have a hard time dealing with adjustments and making friends, but that would only last for a couple of weeks. But the happiness that you've finally found was reached, it was really fantastic. But, I let it passed! Sadly, the choice that I've made was not really meant for me (I assume). This was really missed! I really missed it. I need to wait for a couple of months to finish the contract and then try my luck. 

That's why when you make choices, you have to think hundredfold, even thousandfold before you leap. Think of the opportunities that you're just passing through, you might know, that is really meant for you. Instead of just thinking of other people, why not think of yourself. It is for your own good, and I believe, the other people, or in any kind, are just only an example of your influences through decisions and choices. I don't know if I am way too philosophical or idealistic but when it comes to making decisions and all stuff, you need to have everything, being a realistic to idealistic to philosophical to practical.

Next time, I need to control myself. I will allow myself to think quietly before making one! It may affect, not only the people who surrounds me, but of course, me.

Lord, please guide me!

Toodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment