Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Day I Would Not Forget And Other Brouhahas

Happy rainy Sunday afternoon to all of you. I am here in front of my computer listing down the things that happened to me, and probably to you for this past week. Yesterday was the best moment of my life, I tried to do things that I wasn't able to do, or better yet, I'm not really into! So here it goes...

Rezzy and Aldrin, through thick and thin
MEETING WITH THE MAG-ASAWAS - My dear good friends Aldrin Lucelo and Rezzy Shey Manalili was with me (together with my buddies Andrew Kenneth Quisumbing and Mark Lester Pabilando) yesterday for just a meet-up. We met because of the very simple reason, we just miss each other! We went to TriNoma and the laughters, jokes and stories were traversing to our minds! We were all classmates in our college days and still, our friendship stays stronger and stronger. We even call them "mag-asawa!" because they were really like a husband-and-wife-tandem in our classroom. They became a couple during our second year and from then on, both of them was not trying to release from each other's arms. They are really so much in love, just like best friends, or even like a brother or sister. Although, there are bumps on the road that they are taking to, trust is what they have always in their relationship, in which, I, as a person looking into their picture, could see in both of them. No wonder in the coming days, the guy would ask the girl to marry her and they would have their own home and family and of course, their beautiful marriage lives. I'm wishing them the best (seems like a message for their wedding, hahaha!)

Shout BINGO!!! It's your responsibility!
BINGO! - While we're having a good time yesterday, we were thinking of a very good kind of leisure that will benefit our stressful work. Marky thought of playing bowling at SM Bowling Center in SM City North EDSA but most of us were not wearing socks since you need to borrow bowling shoes. And also, I'm not into bowling mood at that time. Then we so a bright light through the Bingo Bonanza, just a stone-throw away from the SM Bowling Center. And yes, we tried our lock playing BINGO! My mom usually played BINGO at SM Center Muntinlupa, and most of the time, she won money prizes but apparently, she has someone to share with the prize. How fancy! But yesterday was the greatest day for me, (well I assume?). We bought bingo cards that was worth P65.00. We also some special bingo cards and that made me consume of almost P150.00. I also bought Dab-O-Ink! It is a marker-like material used for dabbing numbers in the bingo cards. Of course, I chose purple as the color of my dabber! In this game, there are five different patterns to play on, and it is depending on the number that the number caller will say. The first pattern was a kite, followed by four corners and a small cross, then umbrella, then a small mountain and the much awaited blackout pattern! You would probably want to ask if we won. Well, the answer is, hell NO! But I'm looking forward to play bingo again, I may never know, the next few tries of playing can be the luckiest!

You're really huge, man!
SM CITY NORTH EDSA - This may not be one of my favorite malls in the metro but we celebrated our great day yesterday here! The laughters, the bingo game, our dinner and so much more, we had it at this huge mall. According to some relevant information, it is the Philippines' largest mall and the world's third largest in terms of leasable area, with an area of 482,878 square meters. With this kind of information, SM is really the maker of huge malls in this part of Earth (well, we have known SM Mall of Asia, SM Megamall, SM Southmall and SM City Cebu). What I love in this mall (though this is not part of my top favorite malls) is their Sky Garden. The canopied walkways and its curves are really eye-catching plus the lush gardens with different patterned structures are also tempting the place. You might ask me, why not to make it as my favorite mall? One good reason: the distance of it to me; it is situated in Quezon City, my abode is located in Muntinlupa City. I prefer to go to SM Mall of Asia rather than here. But it makes me happy going here because it is really huge and makes me proud of being a Filipino!

Though you're so far, I like you, I lilli lilli like you!
TRINOMA - This is also very far in my place but this mall lands on the list of my top ten favorite malls in this urban place called Metro Manila (please do not worry, I'll be putting here on my blog my top ten favorite malls in the metro). Last year, I celebrated my birthday here with my dear friends, making it so sentimental to me visiting this mall. What's so special in TriNoma is their park atop the mall. Can you imagine a pocket park, with greens and benches and other amenities that supposedly should be put on a ground level, found its way on top of the mall! How's that for a mall? Yesterday, TriNoma became our meeting place, and it is really a triangle north of the city.

Walang himala!!!
ATE GAY - After our stay at SM City North EDSA, we went to Klownz Quezon Avenue to ease our worries through laughing non-stop. My best buddy, Andrew and yours truly are in shocked because our favorite stand-up comedian is performing. No worries with the money, Ate Gay is really worth watching. One of his/her astonishing performances is playing the lyrics of the songs. He/She will start the song but then, he/she will finish it with another kind of song, maybe because of the same tune or melody. Here are some of his/her excerpts of mixing two songs in one tune or melody:

"If you walk away from me today... Tiwala sa isa't isa'y kailangan...'
"If I were a boy... Sa puso't diwa, Pinoy na isinilang sa ating bansa..."
"From this moment... Shining in the sun..."
"You got me trippin' tumblin'... Pasko anong saya..."
"All my life... The stars are brightly shining..."
"Love moves... Can we find the way to finally make it right..."
"Just once... In mysterious ways..."
"All the single ladies! All the single ladies! Single all the way... Now put your hands up, this is a hold-up!"
"I want nobody, nobody but you... Ba't hindi panain ang kanyang damdamin at nang ako ay mapansin..."

Another part of his/her comedy repertoire is telling about the different acting capacities of the greatest actresses in Philippine cinema. As for his/her idol Nora Aunor, it was her eyes that does the acting. For Vilma Santos, she was noted for being a hysterical one, and for Jaclyn Jose, she does underacting. And the whole comedy bar came to riot of laughter because of his/her funny antics towards these actresses. He/She did the Darna and the different actresses that portrayed the mega superheroine. Although he/she did it with green jokes, he/she nailed it! He/She also did the Miss Universe, in which he/she was part of the contestants. We also tumbled down because of laughing real hard. He/She may not be as grand as Vice Ganda , I may say that he/she has a say when it comes to in-a-snap or in-a-jiffy kind of comedy.

GOING HOME AT 3:00 AM - I broke a promise of going home before midnight but I have a reason why I stayed. It was raining really hard, so I need to shelter myself from the rain. I was thinking of staying at Mark's place just for a while, and also to get some sleep because my family and I will visit the church of St. Pio in Libis. At exactly, 3:00 AM, we went to our own homes. The Rezzy Shey-Aldrin tandem went to Caloocan, while Kenneth went home to Las PiƱas. I went on my way through riding the bus going to Pacita. I was hardly looking for a bus so instead of waiting too much, I used the Alabang-route bus. It was really spooky to go home at those times but I don't have any choice but to do it. It was way too late, and it was raining and I really felt weird and idiotic. Finally, I reached my home at 4:30 in the morning and went straight to bed to catch up some sleep.

I really, really had a good time yesterday; a time to go out with some friends not thinking of work, or any related to work (and that includes people, hehehe!) You probably are reading my blog right now, and like me, you are also wasted. Don't be hesitant to make a move and go out with someone special or of course, your bunch of friends! In that way, you would feel the same way I felt yesterday (well, minus the booze and some sorts!) Now, where can we go for our next trip...

F.Y.I. Exactly one month from now (31 August) is my 24th birthday. How's that for me! Living in this crazy world for 24 years means so much to me, and of course, to you! Happy birthday to me on the 31st!!!

As I've promised to myself, I'll be tweeting as everyday as I can my super idol @annecurtissmith to greet me on my birthday. I really, really need it badly! Hahahaha!!!

Have an unforgettable day ahead and Toodles!!! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment