Sunday, July 24, 2011

Let's Fly with My Brouhahas

There are many new things on me and I can't wait to share it to you! I want to fly! Fly high with my prepared wings but I don't know where to land? Is it in NAIA or Domestic or Suvarnabhumi (whoa!)? Anyways, we're getting nowhere with my words so may I begin?

Note: For the very first time, each brouhaha that I will be making, there will be a corresponding picture, to show that my posts are real (well if you really want it like that?).

Krispy Kreme at SM Mall of Asia where the lonely bonding happened
KRISPY KREME IS THE NEW STARBUCKS (FOR ME!) - It was last July 15 when I went to Mall of Asia just to relax because of a very hectic working week for me. I thought of drinking coffee and at the same time, munching something. I was thinking of Kopi Roti; it became my favorite spot because of the film "Miss You Like Crazy" with JL and my favorite Bea Alonzo. But apparently, it was closed down maybe because it was not making waves. I was walking inside of the mall when I saw the huge sign of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Coffee. I went in, I said my orders. I was doubtfully wrong because I told to the people I am ordering a Smooth and Rich coffee, meaning two coffees. I really thought it was just one name. And then my ultimate favorite, their original glazed doughnut and the Kit Kat doughnut! It really made my day complete and warm! At the same time, they gave me a coffee passport. In it, if I collected three stamps by buying three coffees from them, I will have my free six original glazed doughnuts! Yesterday, I was really happy because I was able to complete it, thanks to my dear friends! How I can't wait for my next visit, though it was way too far from my abode. There are rumors (and which I saw it real) that Krispy Kreme will open its store at Festival Supermall! Can't wait to try it, with my family and of course, my dear friends! It really makes my day special!

My newest favorite hang-out in the metro
BONIFACIO HIGH STREET - According to their website, this was a breakthrough in Philippine malling scene! And it is actually true! Bonifacio High Street set a new standard in window shopping, mall hopping and dropping-by station. It's a park and at the same time mall, or maybe it's a mall but at the same time, it's a park! I went there twice, first was a lonely traveling by myself and second was yesterday with my dear friends! It was really, really breathtaking! I told myself that I'll be going back there with my dear friends, and maybe celebrating my natal day! I'll just choose the best spot there to eat, to unwind and of course, to make fun of people (how fancy and brutal!).

Is this Hakone, Young Town, Toyo, or Rose Bowl?
MRT, WHAT THE HELL??? - Earlier, I had a lonely bonding. I went to Ortigas just to buy our no-approved-therapeutic-claimed herbal supplement. And then, I was walking along the ADB Avenue going to Megamall, listening to some of my favorite songs. I said to myself that I'll be spending my entire lonely bonding moment at that mall but I was scared because my sister might see me. So I tried to go to another place, using the nationally-renowned Metrostar Express or the MRT to the riding public. I wanted to go to TriNoma and to SM City North EDSA, so for the best way and the fastest way to use is of course, the MRT. But I was really pissed off with the whole scenario inside of the train. Think of us as mackerels or sardines being squished inside of the can. That's us, literally! Think of the people rubbing your whole body with their own body oils (I mean the oil coming from their bodies), and there are some who have even stinky smell! Eeeewww! I don't know my feeling earlier if I will get angry or just dealing with it, or even ignore it. Since I was a kid, those were the trains (or they say it rolling stock) of MRT using since 1998. And until now, they're still using it without even adding another train just for the riding public. Anak ng kuwago naman oh! Did they ever think of upgrading or facelifting their services, and that includes their train cars! I don't think so. Why don't they imitate the administration of LRT (they have two lines, Line 1 traversing from Baclaran to Roosevelt and LRT 2 from Recto to Santolan in Pasig). They have bigger train cars, nice riding services and even better couches! The nerve! Maybe if the right time comes along, we wouldn't be aware that the MRT have undergone major, major renovation and upgrades. When could that be? Well, I could say, coming soon!

A planker (is the term correct?)
PLANKING - It was shown in Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho last Saturday and I was really laughing hard. There are really people whose their "trip" is really jaw-breaking! One example of a laughing trip is what they call as planking. Imagine, on a footbridge somewhere in Metro Manila and you were shocked because the two people who are with you walking instantly fell down and lying on the floor just like a wooden plank. I've seen some people doing it, just like yesterday at the Boni High. A very stout woman just laid down herself at the floor doing the planking. Of course, you know what we said? I also saw some of my former students, doing planking at their bedroom. It may look nice, it may sound weird, it may show creativity, but for me, I don't know. It is just a matter of a show, an example of a scene in the bustling streets of the metropolis. If you'll ask me to do it, I could since I love to try some weird things, but just once. Make sure that the camera being used is the D-SLR type! Hahaha!

We miss your brand of comedy, Miss Gabison!!!
ETHEL BOOBA!!! - We've known her as the quirky co-host of Paolo Bediones before in Extra Challenge! She was really a head-turner but in terms of her comic appearances! From her name, she was really a low-brainer, saying nonsense statements and acting like a chipmunk, but in a very comedic way! But she let her fame and fortune went away because of a serious problem called love. Meaning to say, she actually neglected her very famous stature in show business just because she was loving someone (before, she was so hooked with the basketball star, Alex Crisano). Numerous attempts of suicide, public scandal and even arson was made by Ethel Gabison (her real name). Two Sundays ago, I've watched her as a special guest to Vice Ganda's Sunday night talk show Gandang Gabi Vice and that episode was really and absolutely hilarious! I love the way they exchange their jokes (I don't know if it is scripted or in real life situation!). And the dress that Ethel is wearing, really alarming and revealing! I actually watched her performance live at Laffline Comedy Club in Quezon City and she was so good onstage as a performer! To be so honest, we miss her so much! From her heydays in GMA 7 and her short stint in Pinoy Big Brother, Ethel is got to be one of the A-list when it comes to comedy! Hopefully she could find her way again back to her original state, as a very good comedienne!

MISSING XANDI - Let's have a serious note on this issue. This week, our institution enveloped a very gloomy feeling because one of our students succumbed to an illness, in which we really have no idea. Alexander Bermudo, better known as Xandi was a Special Education student, diagnosed with Autism and Marfan's Syndrome died last Wednesday, July 20th. For those who don't understand the Marfan, it is a genetic disorder of the connective tissue, and people having this kind of disease tend to be unusually tall, long limbs and long and thin fingers. In the case of Xandi he has been diagnosed of Autism and at the same time, he has another diagnosis, and that's Marfan's. He has a brother, my former student too, who is also being diagnosed with Autism. His name is Nicolas Bermudo. I was trying to imagine, since I also have a brother who was diagnosed with Autism, my mother had a hard time raising my brother by means of discipline, grooming and other factors. What more if you have two sons or daughters or kids, being diagnosed with that rare disease. Going back to his untimely demise, he was being cremated and his remains were at the Manila Memorial Park in ParaƱaque. The SPED teachers paid visit to Xandi's wake and I really felt the sadness by his family. We said our condolences to the family and they gave us warm welcome. I had a little privilege of having an instance with him; we were actually together in our class picture when he was still Grade 5. He was originally part of the other section but failed to attend so he was added to mine. For Xandi, we'll be missing you and we know that you're now with God. Pray for us here and guide us whenever and wherever we go and do!

Have you flown away (hahaha, should be blown away) with my brouhahas? Hopefully you had a good time reading it! I want to share a picture of myself inside of my favorite coffee shop/doughnut store today, at Krispy Kreme in Bonifacio High Street! Here it goes...
Am I a Krispy Kreme customer or a nurse???
I love Krispy Kreme!!! In some days, I may do a blog post just all about Krispy Kreme!!!

Special thanks to the owners of the pictures... I don't want to get arrested because of using their pictures without permission!!!

Toodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment